With countries being so close to one another, it is easy to visit multiple countries. This allows you to explore several destinations on the Mediterranean. Our clients with more time and longer holidays can experience two different countries during their trip. With a short plane flight, train ride or drive, getting from one country to another is easy with an expert travel planner.
A tailor made vacation with Bella Vita Travels is never “one size fits all”. One of the benefits of working with us is that your trip starts where it should – with you. Your dreams, your travel style and your ideal destinations. We work with you to craft your perfect, unforgettable Mediterranean holiday.
Some of these amazing countries can seem similar at a quick glance. There are similarities in language, foods, beautiful beaches, historical cities and charming villages. However, visiting multiple countries makes sure that you appreciate and see the differences that make them unique and worth visiting. As always, all of our trips are different (like all of you!) and these are outlines that we can modify, change, add to or even take away from based on your wishes.
Discovering Spain and Portugal
Our 17-day Spain and Portugal itinerary allows you visit multiple countries and experience the history and culture of the Iberian peninsula.
The Iberian peninsula is a colorful and diverse area of Europe. Though the two bordering countries are intertwined in their culture and history, Portugal and Spain have two very distinct personalities.
The most western part of the continent contains colorful cities, gorgeous coastlines, as well as vibrant Spaniards, and warm Portuguese. Thus, creating a welcoming and magical traveling experience. On our Spain and Portugal itinerary, you’ll immerse yourself into the countries’ varied and fascinating cultures.
Visiting multiple countries – starting in Barcelona, 4 nights
Welcome to Spain! The first stop on your Spain & Portugal Discovery tour will be the colorful city of Barcelona. There is a mix of everything on this lovely stretch of the Mediterranean. Nestled between the sea and the mountains, the aesthetics of Barcelona impress from afar and close up.
Upon arrival at Barcelona Airport, your private driver will be waiting to take you to your lovely accommodations. Our preferred 5-star accommodation choices are plentiful and range from boutique to elegant luxury. During your stay in Barcelona, you will enjoy the following experiences:
- On our private Welcome to Barcelona Tapas Walk tour, your personal and exclusive “foodie advisor” will meet you at your hotel to take you to find the genuine cuisine from Barcelona, beyond just tapas. This first ‘taste’ of Spain, through its delicious food and drinks, will certainly be a fun and informative start to your trip!
- A Private Half-day Highlights Tour of Barcelona including La Sagrada Familia and Parc Güell.
- A Private Half-day Gaudí and Modernist Tour. During the day, you’ll visit the iconic Casa Milà. It is a fantasy in stone that appears to have been carved out of the living rock. Hence, its nickname ‘La Pedrera’ (“quarry”). Next, you will also visit Parc Güell which Gaudí designed for his greatest patron. Lastly, visit the spectacular Casa Batlló.
- One late afternoon, meet your captain at the Barcelona port. From there, set off on a 2-hour Private Sunset Sailing Excursion. During your boat tour, you’ll sail along the Barcelona coastline, enjoying a very different and spectacular view of the city.
Madrid, 3 nights
Visiting multiple countries like Spain and Portugal means you cannot miss Madrid! After checking out of your hotel, your private driver will accompany your family to the Barcelona train station. Here, you will catch a high-speed direct first-class train to the next stop on your Spain & Portugal Discovery itinerary, elegant Madrid.
During your stay in the capital city, we will arrange for you to enjoy a selection of tours led by our expert guides, specially designed to engage and delight a range of age groups and interests:
- A Private Half-Day Tour of Madrid including the Royal Palace.
- A wonderful culinary experience is in store for you with our Private Market Tour and Cooking Class.
- A wonderful excursion just a short distance from Madrid is our Private Half-day Excursion to Toledo, via high-speed train. On arrival at the Toledo train station, you will meet your local guide. The city of Toledo was declared a World Heritage Site by UNESCO in 1986. Some of the sites you will visit on your tour include the imposing Alcazar and its two Spanish synagogues. Then, explore the soaring Gothic Cathedral, Santo Tomé, and marvel at El Greco’s famed Burial of the Count of Orgaz. After lunch, you might opt for some strolling or shopping this afternoon before returning to Madrid.
Seville, 3 nights
Next on your Spain and Portugal Discovery itinerary is beautiful Seville. Your private driver will escort you to the train station in Madrid. Then, you’ll take the high-speed, first-class train straight to Cordoba where your private driver and guide will be waiting to meet you. Afterward, your private driver will accompany you to Southern Spain’s most colorful city, Seville. During your stay you will enjoy your choice of the following special experiences.
- Upon arrival in Cordoba, meet your driver and local expert guide for a wonderful half-day tour of Cordoba. You’ll explore the Alcazar de Los Reyes Cristianos as well as the Sinagoga to the Mosque-Cathedral. The highlight of the trip will be your stroll into the Mesquita.
- No visit to Seville would be complete without a Half-day Private Tour of arguably Spain’s most enchanting city. Visit the Cathedral, the largest Gothic building in the world. Afterward, explore the ornately decorated Alcazar Palace and its Andalusian gardens. Eventually, wander through the Barrio de Santa Cruz.
- A Culinary Pilgrimage to the home of Jamón Iberico with a Hiking in the Sierra de Aracena.On this excursion, you’ll visit the Sierra of Aracena, north-west of Seville. Here you’ll first enjoy a leisurely 2-hour hike through the rolling hills of the natural park of Sierra de Aracena. Afterward, you’ll visit a farm, meet the farmers and learn how the world’s most coveted pigs are raised. Then, go on to see the facilities of one of the best ham producers in the town of Jabugo, a mythical name in Spain for fine ham. Then, head to the town of Aracena. Here, you will enjoy a gourmet lunch at the finest restaurant in the area or a simple home-style restaurant enjoying the local traditional fare.
- Enjoy an evening of Flamenco and Tapas. Enjoy an excellent performance before combining the evening with another of Sevilla’s defining art forms, tapas!
Lisbon, 3 nights
Your tour of multiple countries continues crossing over borders. From Seville, your private driver will accompany you across the border into the small, but beautiful, country of Portugal and its exciting capital, Lisbon.
In Lisbon, you will stay in one of our preferred 5-star accommodations. The lodging choices are plentiful and range from boutique to elegant luxury. During your stay in Lisbon, you’ll enjoy our favorite tours plus some free time to explore the city on your own.
- A Private Full-day Lisbon Highlights Tour. First, your tour will start in the Baixa district. Secondly, you’ll go to the Alfama district. Known as the “soul” of the capital city, it is adorned with steep winding alleys, hidden landmark churches, echoes of tunes of fado music, and stunning views of the Tagus River. Next, you continue to the Castle of St. Jorge, formerly a Moorish citadel. Here you can see Lisbon sprawling along the banks of the Tagus River estuary. Lastly, end the day with a very special private vintage yacht cruise along Tejo river where you’ll be able to enjoy panoramic views of the Belem district, Discovery Monuments, and Belem Tower.
- A Private Day Trip and Tour to Cascais and Sintra. This morning you’ll start your day by meeting your private chauffeur. The first stop is Cascais, a formerly quaint fishing village that became a popular resort favored by European nobility and kings in the early 20th century. Next, continue to Sintra, an extraordinary town with a surreal mixture of history and fantasy, protected by UNESCO as a World Heritage Site.
On the way to Porto…
After checkout this morning, your private driver will accompany you north to Porto. Along the way, you’ll visit some of central Portugal’s most interesting and charming villages.
- Start your journey in Óbidos, a medieval village from the XII century, inside the castle walls, where you can find a lot of handcraft stores mixed with churches and charming guest houses. Next, you’ll head north along Atlantic West Coast, where you will see the biggest pine tree forest in Portugal right before arriving in Nazaré, a fisherman’s village and a famous surf spot. Your last stop will be Aveiro, a city on the west coast of Portugal set along a lagoon.
Porto, 3 nights
After this full day of exploring the central coast of Portugal, it’s on to charming Porto. This is your last stop on your trip to multiple countries. During your stay we will arrange for your choice of the following special experiences:
- Our favorite way to start any trip to Porto is with our Private Half-Day Walking Tour of the city. Porto was designated a World Heritage Site in 1996.
- No trip to Porto would be complete without a Private Port Lodges of Porto Tour and Tasting. You will enjoy a guided visit and tasting at the19th-century Graham’s port cellar. Then, you’ll have reservations for lunch at the acclaimed on-site restaurant Vinum or their outdoor casual café. Following lunch, you’ll visit a second port lodge, Real Companhia Velha.
- A Portuguese Market Tour and Traditional Cooking Class. Accompanied by your local private guide, you’ll discover the secrets of Portugal’s many unique ingredients and cooking techniques.
- Private Full-Day Douro Valley Excursion with Lunch and Boat Ride: Today you’ll enjoy a full-day tour through the spectacular Douro Valley, named a World Heritage Site by UNESCO, where you can see the unique view of the vineyards all along the hills.
On your day of departure, you will have a private transfer to the airport.
If you are not yet ready to go home, we can add several options to your itinerary of multiple countries. A few days on the Costa Brava? Or head to the Azores Islands or the Algarve coast for a bit of sun, sea, and fun? The choice is yours and we would be happy to design your trip as you wish.
Read our detailed Spain and Portugal itinerary here: Spain & Portugal discovery in 17 days
Multiple countries: France and Italy in 3 weeks
France and Italy are two of the world’s most popular luxury travel destinations. Not only for their centuries-old dedication to art, but also their passion for food, wine, and style. In our “France & Italy Highlights” itinerary, you will experience a three-week adventure to some of the most alluring destinations in these two countries.
Paris, 3 nights
The first stop on your France & Italy Highlights itinerary will be amazing Paris. Upon arrival at the airport, we will arrange for a private transfer to your accommodations of choice in the city center. During your stay in Paris, we will arrange the following special experiences:
- A private “Paris Essentials” tour with our professional English speaking driver-guide will show you all the main highlights of Paris in just a few hours.
- A Luxurious Boat for a Dinner Cruise with the incredible cuisine of by a renowned chef.
- A half-day private Versailles Palace Tour excursion from Paris.
- In our Louvre evening “Crash Course” tour, discover one of the largest museums in the world in the best-possible visiting conditions. With your private guide, you can choose your route based on interest, and he/she will make these works of art come alive!
- Our delectable Paris food tour, led by a local chef or food writer. You will stroll the charming streets of St.-Germain-des-Pres and the Left Bank, explore the culinary culture of Paris.
Provence, 3 nights
Up next on your France & Italy Highlights tour, the beautiful Provencal countryside. After checking out of your hotel, your private driver will be waiting to take you to the train station. From Paris, you will travel by first-class high-speed train to Avignon. There is also the opportunity to rent your own car for your time in Provence. Your visit to the Provencal countryside will consist of the following:
- A special visit to Avignon & Chateauneuf-du-Pape winery. Upon arrival in Avignon, you will meet your private driver who will hold your bags while you enjoy a lovely stroll through the sophisticated city of Avignon and the Palace of the Popes. Afterward, discover the famous vineyards of Châteauneuf-du-Pape. Here you will taste the outstanding red and white wines produced in this area at a private wine tasting.
- Visit the Luberon in a Day by Classic 2CV Cars!
- You will also have the choice between two wonderful excursions. You can either enjoy a private walking tour in Aix-en-Provence with time to explore on your own afterward. Or you can visit the lovely villages of Saint Remy (famous for its market) and Les Baux, a fantastic medieval town built into the rock it sits on.
Nice, 3 nights
Your private driver will pick you up early morning and you will make your way toward the sea. En-route, you will have a treat in store with a visit to a local winery for a tasting and lunch. Then, it’s off to your wonderful accommodations along the sea. Here you will have the choice between staying in either Nice, or a nearby resort and village. During your 3 days on the French Riviera, you will enjoy the following experiences:
- Your choice of Riviera Highlights tour. Since there is so much to do and see in this corner of France, we have created two separate excursions for you to enjoy. You can head west to visit one of the oldest medieval towns on the Riviera, Saint-Paul de Vence, and explore the grand old villas and old town of Antibes and the ritzy Cannes. Or you can make your way east to the picturesque perched village of Eze and then the elegant belle-époque Monte Carlo.
- Our Nice Market Tour and Cooking Class. Starting in the Cours Saleya market, you will meet our wonderful food guide and chef. ou will select the best meat and fish for your choice of menu. Afterward, make your way to her charming cooking atelier, where everyone will play a role in preparing the meal. A couple of hours later, sit down to an authentic Niçoise meal and toast your efforts with a glass of rosé or the beverage of your choice.
- We will leave one day at your leisure to enjoy and explore on your own, or just soak up some Mediterranean sunshine and sea.
Lake Como, 2 nights
It’s time to bid “Au revoir” to France and “Buongiorno” to Italy! Your private driver will take you to your next stop on your France & Italy Highlights itinerary, beautiful Lake Como. En-route, you can stop for lunch in the lovely Piemonte regions, well-known for their hearty food and exquisite wines.
Your driver will deliver you to your luxurious accommodations on the lake in the early evening. During your stay on Lake Como, we will arrange for a very special Private Walking and Boating Tour of Lake Como for you.
Venice, 3 nights
Your multiple countries tour continues in unique and elegant Venice. Along the way, you will have a wonderful day in Verona and the Valpolicella Wine Region. After an hour’s drive, you will arrive in Verona where you will meet your local guide. Finally, you will head to the Valpolicella wine region and our trustworthy winery. You will have the choice of either lunching in town or the countryside.
Upon arrival in Venice, we will arrange for a private water taxi to deliver you to your beautiful accommodations on the island. From the hotel, you’re a short walk from all the amazing sights and landmarks Venice has to offer. During your stay in Venice, we will arrange the following special experiences:
- A Welcome Orientation & Cicheti Aperitivo with a member of the Bella Vita team.
- A wonderful half-day Venice by Land and Water tour giving you a chance to discover the highlights of the city. Visits to Saint Mark’s Square, the Rialto bridge, and more.
- A private tour to the outer islands of Murano and Burano. Enjoy a half-day on the lagoon away from the bustle of the main island. Time permitting, you will also visit the tiny island of Torcello.
Florence, 3 nights
After checking out of your hotel, your private water taxi will be waiting to take you to the train station. From Venice, you will travel by first-class high-speed train to your next amazing stop touring Italy, the beautiful medieval city of Florence.
Your visit to Florence will consist of the following:
- You’ll start your visit to Florence with our Leisurely Walking Excursion of the City with our private local expert guide. Plus you will have the choice of a VIP, skip the line visit to either the Uffizi Gallery or Accademia.
- A private excursion into the Tuscan countryside. You will have the choice of visiting the Chianti wine region and the medieval town of San Gimignano. Otherwise, you can head to the rolling hills of the Val D’Orcia with its charming hilltop villages and pecorino cheese.
- A fabulous “gastronomic” tour at one of the city’s most famous and bustling markets followed by a hands-on and cooking lesson and meal.
- Private transfers upon arrival in Florence and to return you to the train station at departure.
Rome, 3 nights
Last but certainly not least, on your multiple countries itinerary will be Rome. It is simply a fascinating city.
You will be greeted at the Rome train station by your private driver. During your 3 days in Rome, you will enjoy the following experiences:
- Our Private “Before Hours” Morning Vatican Tour. This incredible opportunity offers a more personal Vatican experience, and the ability to avoid noisy crowds. You will visit the Sistine Chapel at a more solitary, reflective hour. Your private guide will also give you access to the Basilica straight from the museums, avoiding the sometimes endless lines.
- Private Tour through Ancient Rome with VIP access to the Coliseum Underground (limited availability).
- Lose yourself within one of Europe’s most extraordinary museums and one of Rome’s greatest patrician collections, the Borghese Gallery. Your art historian will make the artists and statues come alive in this short but captivating tour.
- When it is time to bid “arrivederci” to your Highlights of Italy tour, we will arrange a private transfer to take you to the Rome Airport for your flight home.
If you are not yet ready to go home, we can add several options to your France & Italy Highlights tour. A few days on the Normandy or Amalfi Coasts? We can arrange whatever you are dreaming of to make your trip to these multiple countries perfect!
Our full sample itinerary can be found here: France & Italy Highlights
Croatia and Slovenia
Our comprehensive 14-day private tour highlights multiple countries, the fascinating culture, breath-taking land (and sea!) scape and exquisite cuisine of Croatia and Slovenia.
Zagreb, 3 nights
Welcome to Croatia! The first stop on your Croatian Family Adventure will be the country’s capital, Zagreb. A private transfer will greet you at the airport and take you to your gorgeous accommodations in the city center. We can arrange:
- Your private guide will take you on this Personalized Walking tour of Zagreb including the most important cultural, historical architectural sites.
- Enjoy a day trip to picturesque Zagorje, a hilly region filled with medieval and Renaissance fortresses, Baroque castles. Time permitting, you will also visit Kumrovec, a folk village of traditional architecture.
Plitvice National Park, 1 night
The next stop on your Croatia & Slovenia Discovery tour is the magical world of the Plitvice National Park. Designated as a UNESCO World Heritage Site, the park is an absolute must for any traveler to Croatia. Made up of 16 terraced lakes over a total area of 114 square miles, the water appears to be emerald green just like the forest that surrounds it. During your time here, you can enjoy some lovely hiking routes within the park that follow along wooden boardwalks.That evening you will stay in unique luxury accommodation in the heart of the park.
Istria, 3 nights
You’ll privately transfer about three hours northwest to the coast on the Istrian Peninsula. Often called the “Tuscany of Croatia”, the landscape is spectacular. En-route, you will enjoy a seaside lunch in Opatija, a lovely 19th-century dotted with Habsburg-era villas.
Then, it’s off to your special accommodations for the next 3 nights. During your stay in Istria, you will enjoy the following special experiences:
- A Truffle Hunting, Olive Oil, and a Fisherman’s Village. Known best as the truffle region, Istria is a fine mélange of picture-perfect landscape and exquisite gastronomy. Your exploration starts in the village of Livade, where you will learn about harvesting truffles in a private truffle hunting demonstration with a hunter and his sniffer dog. Then, in the nearby Brtonigla village, stop for an olive oil tasting and a light snack of truffle products. Then head to the Adriatic coast and the picturesque town of Rovinj.
- You will also have the option of a private full-day tour of Brijuni islands and Pula, gems of the Istria south coast.
Goriška Brda Wine Region, 2 nights
On the border with Italy lies the Goriška Brda Wine Region. During your private transfer, you will enjoy a stop on the Slovene Riviera in the resport of Portoroz for lunch. Then, in late afternoon, you will arrive at your luxurious accommodations in a castle overlooking the vineyards for 2 nights.
During your stay in the area, we will arrange for the following special experiences:
- Enjoy a day of a Privately guided tour of the Wineries and Medieval villages of Goriška Brda. Start with a stop on the highest hill in the region, Sabotin. Then, it’s off to visit a small but renowned, family-owned winery. Afterward, you will enjoy a walk through the village of Smartno. This beautiful, small hamlet is a living cultural heritage monument that looks out onto endless vineyards that cover all of Brda.
- On your last evening, relish in a Private Slovenian wine degustation followed by a gourmet dinner at the amazing 18th-century Gredic Castle overlooking a panorama of Brda.
Lake Bled, 2 nights
Saying goodbye to wine country, your journey will continue on to breathtaking Lake Bled. Set on the edge of the Triglav National Park with the Julien Apls as a backdrop, it was nominated one of the seven new wonders of the world.
But before arriving at the lake, there are some fantastic treats to enjoy along the way! Your first stop will be Predjama, the amazing Renaissance fortress built within a cave. Then, visit the spectacular Postojna cave, the only cave in the world with a train in it! Afterward, continue to the Julian Alps region for lunch and time to explore the beautiful surrounding nature. In the late afternoon/early evening, you will finally arrive at your elegant accommodations right on the lake’s edge. During your stay on Lake Bled, we will arrange for the following amazing excursion. Walking and Boating on Bohinj Lake you will enjoy a walk around the lake’s shores and a boat trip on its waters before taking a cable car to Vogel panoramic plateau.
Ljubljana, 2 nights
The last stop on your Croatia & Slovenia tour is the pretty capital of Ljubljana. This little city has a wonderful old town that lies along a river overlooked by a charming castle. During your stay in Ljubljana, you will enjoy a Ljubljana Private Walking Tour.
When it is time to say goodbye, we will arrange a private transfer to the airport.
If you are not yet ready to go home, we can add several options to your Croatia & Slovenia Discovery tour. A few days on the up and coming (and very beautiful) Montenegro coast? Or a visit to a few of the more than 1000 islands to explore in Croatia (such as Hvar or Korcula?) Your trip to multiple countries can be tailored to your wishes!