A tailor made romantic getaway is the perfect way to spend time with your loved one. We know the places and activities with just the right touch of romance for your perfect vacation. Wether you are planning a honeymoon, an anniversary, or just a special time with your partner, we are experts at making your Mediterranean dreams come true. Magical vacations don’t plan themselves. At Bella Vita Travels, our mission is to design tailor made vacations based around your travel wishes and our local expertise. We do the hard work so you can make the unforgettable memories.
This week, we share some sample itineraries for your future romantic getaway. As all of our trips start with one important part – you – these itineraries can be customized how you like. We will change destinations, add days, take out and add more tours, it’s completely up to the two of you. Maybe the itinerary looks perfect as it is? That’s your choice! These romantic trips are about celebrating you and your loved one, with no stress and every detail perfectly planned out.
Romantic getaway in Southern Italy
Experience elegance and romance on our Southern Italy Romance itinerary! This 11-day journey takes you from the Eternal City of Rome to the beauty of the Amalfi Coast, then to breath-taking Capri and ending in colorful Naples.
Rome, 3 nights
The first stop on your Southern Italy Romance tour will be elegant Rome. The Eternal City is simply fascinating. With its mix of modern, chaotic city life, historic landmarks and artistic masterpieces, you will be amazed by all it has to offer. That is where Bella Vita does some of its best work. We create a haven of activities designed to give you a wonderful taste of this amazing city without exhausting you!
You will be greeted at the Rome airport by your private driver. During your 3 days in romantic Rome, you will enjoy the following experiences:
- First, start off your stay in Rome with our very fun but also informative Italian Vino 101 Experience! This special wine tasting experience in an acclaimed wine bar. Thus, allowing wine lovers to sip and discuss the elements of food and wine pairings. Start from the basics of production, then grape harvest to bottling. Eventually, leading to highlights the characteristics of each grape variety, region, and wine producer.
- Our Private “Before Hours” Morning Vatican Tour. This incredible opportunity offers a more personal Vatican experience, and the ability to avoid noisy crowds. Your private guide will also give you access to the Basilica straight from the museums, avoiding the sometimes endless lines.
- Enjoy a rare experience with our Private Access Coliseum by Night tour. Some 5 million people visit the Colosseum every year but you’ll see it like no one else.
- Lose yourself within one of Europe’s most extraordinary museums and one of Rome’s greatest patrician collections, the Borghese Gallery. It is an astounding showcase of Italian art and antiquity.
Amalfi Coast, 3 nights
The next destination in your Southern Italy Romance itinerary is the beautiful Amalfi Coast! Your private driver will then accompany you to this incredibly gorgeous area. Bella Vita has a selection of romantic luxury sea-view hotels that we’ll choose from according to your taste and style.
- En route to the Amalfi Coast, enjoy a fascinating 2-hour walk through the Ruins of Pompeii with a private guide.
- We will leave the day free to enjoy on your own, we will arrange for a romantic Private Sunset Cruise along the Amalfi Coast. With a glass of Prosecco in hand, cruise along the lovely coast.
- You will enjoy a special treat of making and tasting delicious “Amalfitana” dishes during your Amalfi Coast Cooking Class
Romantic Capri, 2 nights
With its steep, jagged coast, and a landscape of wild beauty sculpted by the wind and sea, Capri is simply spectacular. This unforgettable will be the next destination on your romantic Southern Italy itinerary.
We will arrange a private boat transfer from the mainland to Capri’s port. From there, your luggage will be picked up by a local porter, while you can take the famous funicular up to Capri Town. From there, it is just a short walk to your heavenly accommodations. We have several special choices here for your to choose from.
During your stay on Capri, we can organize a gozzo cruise around the island. Your captain can take you to the famous Blue Grotto if you like, or even more enticing, little private coves for a swim and a glass of prosecco. We can also arrange for a limoncello making and tasting, or even a hiking guide to take you up to Monte Solaro, the highest point on the island for incredible panoramic views.
Naples, 2 nights
The city of Naples can be misunderstood and underrated. Here lies an elaborate history, extraordinary culture, and a love of food like no other! You will go from Capri back to the mainland by private boat. Then, upon arrival, your private driver will be waiting to take you to your romantic accommodations for the next two nights.
A must for anyone staying in bella Napoli is our Private Food & History Tour of Naples. Your local guide will meet you at your hotel. You have the unique opportunity to explore Neapolitan street food in the heart of the “vertical city”. The city’s intriguing past comes to light in a juxtaposition of its history, art, magnificent architecture, modern design, and delicious food.
On your day of departure, you will have a private transfer to the Naples Airport or train station. Arrivederci!
If you are not yet ready to go home, we can add several options to your romantic Southern Italy tour. A visit to the breathtaking island of Sicily? You could even head north to Tuscan wine country. The choice is yours and we would be happy to design your trip as you wish.
You can find all of the details of our romantic Southern Italian vacation here: 11 days of Southern Italian Romance
In our Romantic Morocco itinerary, you will experience a 10-day journey to four of Morocco’s most alluring and romantic destinations. This is the perfect itinerary for couples looking for something different, interesting, and packed with romance while still being able to enjoy a completely different culture.
Marrakesh, 4 nights
Welcome to Morocco! The first stop on your Romantic Morocco itinerary is the vibrant city of Marrakesh. Upon arrival at the airport, your private concierge will greet you as you get off the plane. Afterward, you will be helped with your luggage and accompanied to your private driver.
Arriving in Marrakesh, you will be delivered to your spectacular accommodations. During your visit to Marrakesh, you will enjoy the following special experiences:
- A Full Day Private Discovery of Marrakesh. Highlights of your visit will include Koutoubia Mosque, Saadian Tombs, El Bahia Palace, and of course, the souks.
- A Private Moroccan Cooking Class and Lunch. With today’s private hands-on cooking class, you’ll have a close-up experience of traditional Moroccan cooking. You will learn about this (and much more) using the ingredients you have selected from the chef’s gardens. You will create a traditional Moroccan two-course meal, and bake your own bread. Following your class, you’ll enjoy the fruits of your labor under the shady trees of the garden- a truly unforgettable experience!
- A Private of Tour of Les Jardins Majorelle. Your guide and driver will accompany you to Yves Saint Laurent’s Majorelle Gardens. The villa houses the Islamic Art Museum of Marrakesh, the Berber Museum, and the recently opened Yves Saint Laurent Museum.
Oualidia, 2 nights
The next stop on your Romantic Morocco tour will be Oualidida. It’s located between the port cities of El Jadida and Safi. It is a small, charming fishing town that overlooks one of the finest natural lagoons of the North African coastline. It’s a wonderful place to enjoy an excellent resort and soak up the local atmosphere.
On the way to Oualidia, you will enjoy a stop in Safi for lunch and also ceramic shopping. Afterward, your private driver will bring you your gorgeous 5-star luxury resort. During your stay, we will arrange for a romantic seaside picnic. You will also have the option of a bird-watching safari, fishing excursion, or private surf lessons!
Agafay Desert, 1 night
Less than an hour outside of Marrakesh, you will enter into the beautiful Agafay Desert. In the middle of the desert, there is a surprising oasis where the fauna and flora flourish in the spring. There are even some Berber villages amongst the dunes. Subsequently, you will find absolute peace and tranquility.
Your private driver will bring to your lovely and luxurious tent lodgings in the early afternoon. This way you can enjoy lunch by the pool, and then pick from one of several wonderful activities. There is plenty to choose from: mountain biking, hiking, horseback, quad, and camel trekking. Additionally, at the camp, you can enjoy a massage, yoga, and been an astronomy lesson – all amongst the dramatic landscape of the Agafay.
High Atlas Mountains, 2 nights
Last but not least on your Romantic Morocco tour is the village of Asni. You will have a direct transfer from the Agafay desert into the heart of the Atlas Mountains.
There are several activities to choose from including visiting a Berber home, cooking lessons, mule riding, hiking. Or you can simply enjoy your 5-star hotel and its fantastic amenities and views!
On your departure day, you will have a private transfer to the Marrakesh Airport for your flight home or beyond.
If you are not yet ready to go home, we can add several options to your Romantic Morocco tour. How about crossing the Strait of Gibraltar to visit Spain or Portugal? The trip is yours and we will tailor it to your wishes.
To read our full romantic Moroccan vacation itinerary, click here: Romantic Morocco in 10 days
Greece’s Romantic Highlights
In our “Highlights of Greece” itinerary, you will experience a 10-day journey of Greece’s most alluring and romantic destinations.
Athens, 3 nights
Your first stop on your “Highlights of Greece” tour will be the fascinating city of Athens. The capital of Greece is a virtual walkthrough of ancient civilization mixed with modern touches and gastronomic delights.
Upon arrival at the Athens airport, we will arrange for a VIP arrival service. Once you have done this, your private transfer to deliver you to your elegant accommodations in the city center. During your stay in Athens, we will arrange the following special experiences:
- Start off with a Private Athens Food tour. Not only will you explore the streets of Athens, but you will also taste appetizing treats that locals enjoy as part of their daily routine.
- Our Half-day Private Tour of Athens, Ancient and New. Begin at the new, fantastic Acropolis Museum. Then, head up to the top of Acropolis hill. Here you will discover the magnificence of the Parthenon and learn about the effect it has had on modern history. Next, you will take a pleasant stroll through the narrow streets of Plaka, the city’s historical neighborhood. Finally, visit the Parliament Building in Syntagma Square.
- Discover the Athens Riviera and Sunset at the Temple of Poseidon. Drive along the lovely Athens Riviera enjoying splendid views of the Saronic Gulf . Arriving at the Cape Sounion, you will visit the 5th century B.C. Temple of Poseidon.
Mykonos, 3 nights
After checking out of your hotel, your private transfer will be waiting to take you to the Athens Airport. Then, your very short flight will take you to your next amazing stop, the beautiful island of Mykonos.
Your stay on Mykonos will consist of the following special experiences:
- Enjoy our Delos Private Island Discovery excursion. The island of Delos is notorious as the mythical birthplace of the twin gods, Apollo and Artemis. Your private guide will give you a comprehensive tour of the island and its distinctive landmarks.
- During your Private Mykonos cooking class, you will experience the traditional Greek way of life, the culture, the Greek art of cooking. Hear stories about every Mykonian life and chat with you while you will taste and enjoy some Mykonian meze with wine and Cretan raki. Then it’s onto the kitchen where you will make a Mykonian traditional menu. Afterward, you will enjoy the fruits of your labor with a wonderful sit-down feast created by you!
Santorini, 3 nights
The next and last stop will be unforgettable Santorini. You will take either the high-speed ferry or hydrofoil in business or first class.
Upon arrival at the Santorini port, your private driver will greet you and deliver you to a spectacular resort overlooking the caldera. During your 3 days in Santorini, you will enjoy the following special experiences:
- Our Private Half-day Santorini Discovery Tour. Start your excursion with a visit to the island’s famous archeological site of Akrotiri. Then, proceed to the charming and quiet village of Megalochori. We’ll finish off with a visit to one of the island’s wineries for a tour and taste, before heading back to enjoy your hotel for the rest of the day.
- There’s no better way to explore the crystal blue seas and islands around Santorini than a Private Catamaran Cruise. In the warm sunshine, you will sail past some of the best-known Santorini landmarks and beaches and experience the unique opportunity of sailing into the spectacular caldera. This luxury cruise includes an unforgettable barbeque paired with Santorini’s finest wine and beverages whilst relaxing onboard.
When it is time to bid “antio sas” to your Highlights of Greece tour, we will arrange a private transfer to take you to the Santorini airport for your flight back to Athens or beyond.
If you are not yet ready to go home, we can add several options to your Highlights of Greece tour. A few days on the amazing island of Crete? Or even explore a few of the lesser-known Cyclades such as Milos, Folegandros, or Naxos? Your romantic greek holiday is for you to decide!
Our full, detailed romantic Greek vacation can be found here on our website: Romantic Greek Highlights in 10 days
Wanderlust on the Mediterranean
We hope that these itinerary ideas provided some travel inspiration for couples dreaming of a romantic getaway to Italy, Morocco and Greece. Please check out our website or contact us directly for other ideas in these countries and also Spain, Portugal, France and Croatia.
As always, its our mission and promise to make your Mediterranean travel dreams come true!