HIGHLIGHTS OF FRANCE
HIGHLIGHTS OF FRANCE
In our “Highlights of France” tour, you will experience a 10-day adventure of some of France‘s most alluring destinations: Paris, Provence, and the French Riviera.
France is one of the world’s most popular luxury travel destinations. Not only for its centuries-old dedication to art, but also its passion for food, wine, and style. Paris is the epicenter of all these things and more. In contrast, you have the rustic charm and natural beauty of the Provencal countryside. We top it off with the character, color, and chicness of the French Riviera. Our 10-day itinerary allows you to enjoy three different “tastes” of this amazing country.
PARIS – 3 NIGHTS
Upon arrival in Paris, we will arrange for a private transfer to your accommodations of choice in the city center. Bella Vita’s has a wonderful selection of 4 and 5-star hotels for you to choose from. These are all based on location, comfort, and travel style. From the hotel, you’re a short walk from many of the amazing sights and landmarks the city is so famous for. During your stay in Paris, we will arrange the following special experiences:
- A private “Paris Essentials” tour with our professional English speaking driver-guide will show you all the main highlights of Paris in just a few hours. This is a great introduction to the city since you will see the Eiffel Tower, the Arch of Triumph, Champs Elysees, Trocadero, the Opera House, Invalides, Vendome Square, Concorde Square, the Louvre and Musée d’Orsay buildings, the Latin Quarter, Notre Dame Cathedral, Montmartre & Sacred Heart Basilica, and the Pantheon.
- A Luxurious Boat for a Dinner Cruise with the incredible cuisine of by a renowned chef. The cuisine is full of delicate gustatory delights and top-rated wines. All of which you will enjoy while taking in the front row view of Notre Dame Cathedral, Conciergerie, Pont Neuf, Lovelock Bridge, Louvre, Grand Palais, Pont Alexander III, Eiffel Tower, Ile St Louis, and more.
- A half-day private Versailles Palace Tour excursion from Paris. Here you will meet one of our excellent historians to see the magnificent château and Jardins of Versailles, the seat of the royal court from 1682 until the Revolution. We’ll conceptualize the architectural and historical significance of this immense site, all the while taking in its awe-inspiring beauty. You will visit the exterior, interior, amazing gardens, and the hunting lodge.
- In our Louvre evening “Crash Course” tour, discover one of the largest museums in the world in the best-possible visiting conditions. With your private guide, you can choose your route based on interest, and he/she will make these works of art come alive!
- Our delectable Paris food tour, led by a local chef or food writer. You will stroll the charming streets of St.-Germain-des-Pres and the Left Bank, explore the culinary culture of Paris. Your private, expert guide will introduce the basics of French cuisine. You will also meet the owners of tiny food shops, taste artisanal products. Enliven your senses to the amazing culinary traditions for which France is known the world over.
PROVENCE – 3 NIGHTS
After checking out of your hotel, your private driver will be waiting to take you to the train station. From Paris, you will travel by first-class high-speed train to Avignon. Before heading to your accommodations in the Provencal countryside, we have a treat in store for you. Here you’ll stay at one of our preferred hotels located in one of the hill-top villages of the Luberon. Note, you will have the choice to stay in the countryside accommodations as well. There is also the opportunity to rent your own car for your time in Provence. Your visit to the Provencal countryside will consist of the following:
- A special visit to Avignon & Chateauneuf-du-Pape winery. Upon arrival in Avignon, you will meet your private driver who will hold your bags while you enjoy a lovely stroll through the sophisticated city of Avignon and the Palace of the Popes. Afterward, discover the famous vineyards of Châteauneuf-du-Pape. Here you will taste the outstanding red and white wines produced in this area at a private wine tasting.
- Visit the Luberon in a Day by Classic 2CV Cars! This is a wonderful and fun way to explore the various medieval hilltop villages of the region and gorgeous countryside. Some of the sites you will visit include Lacoste, Bonnieux, Roussillon, and Oppede le Vieux. In Oppede, you will enjoy lunch at one of our favorite lunch spots, Le Petit Café.
- You will also have the choice between two wonderful excursions. You can either enjoy a private walking tour in Aix-en-Provence with time to explore on your own afterward. Or you can visit the lovely villages of Saint Remy (famous for its market) and Les Baux, a fantastic medieval town built into the rock it sits on. In both cases, we can arrange winery visits, museum tickets, and other entrance fees. Don’t forget the amazing Carrières de Lumières (caves of light)!
NICE – 3 NIGHTS
Your last (but not least!) destination on your “Highlights of France” tour, will be the French Riviera. There is a mix of everything on this lovely stretch of the Mediterranean. You have the colorful bustle of Nice and its characteristic old town. There are endless hill-top villages perched over the sapphire blue sea to meander along their cobblestones for breath-taking views. Of course, you can also enjoy a dip in the spectacular sea.
Your private driver will pick you up early morning and you will make your way toward the sea. En-route, you will have a treat in store with a visit to a local winery for a tasting and lunch. Then, it’s off to your wonderful accommodations along the sea. Here you will have the choice between staying in either Nice, or a nearby resort and village. During your 3 days on the French Riviera, you will enjoy the following experiences:
- Your choice of Riviera Highlights tour. Since there is so much to do and see in this corner of France, we have created two separate excursions for you to enjoy. Either one will be in the company of one of our favorite driver/guides. You can head west to visit one of the oldest medieval towns on the Riviera, Saint-Paul de Vence, and explore the grand old villas and old town of Antibes and the ritzy Cannes. Or you can make your way east to the picturesque perched village of Eze and the elegant belle-époque Monte Carlo. The day will be tailored to your interests, with our fabulous local guide helping you see the most interesting sites in the area and some undiscovered local surprises as well!
- Our Nice Market Tour and Cooking Class. Starting in the Cours Saleya market, you will meet our wonderful food guide and chef. The narrow maze of centuries-old streets of the Vieux Nice opens up onto this splendid space lined with bars, cafés, and fish restaurants on either side and market stalls down the center. You will select the best meat and fish for your choice of menu. Make your way to her charming cooking atelier, where everyone will play a role in preparing the meal. A couple of hours later, sit down to an authentic Niçoise meal and toast your efforts with a glass of rosé or the beverage of your choice.
- We will leave one day at your leisure to enjoy and explore on your own, or just soak up some Mediterranean sunshine and sea.
If you are not yet ready to go home, we can add several options to your Highlights of France tour. A few days on the Normandy Coast? Or a visit to the castles of the Loire Valley, or even spending some dedicated wine time in either Burgundy or Bordeaux? The choice is yours and we would be happy to design your trip as you wish.