DUBROVNIK & BEYOND
DUBROVNIK & BEYOND
In our “Dubrovnik & Beyond” itinerary, you will experience an 8-day adventure of some of Croatia‘s most alluring destinations. Start in the beautiful walled city of Dubrovnik. Then, head north to the spectacular island of Korçula. You will also enjoy a visit to lovely Hvar and even a few villages along the coast.
DUBROVNIK – 4 NIGHTS
Your last, but certainly not least, destination on your “Highlights of Dalmatia” tour, will be the beautiful historic city overlooking the Adriatic Sea, Dubrovnik. Once you have been transferred back to the mainland by private ferry, you will meet your private driver/guide who will accompany you 3 hours south to this marvelous city, but with a bit of fun en-route (see below!).
You will several fantastic options to choose from in terms of accommodations. Our preferred list is quite extensive in Dubrovnik and we will match you with what best fits your travel style and taste. During your 3 days in Dubrovnik, you will enjoy the following experiences:
- A Private Half-day Walking tour of Dubrovnik. The UNESCO-protected Old Town features medieval stone buildings, red-tiled roofs, and narrow passageways. A stroll down Stradun, the main street, reveals the intricate network of cobblestone streets and squares. Admire famous landmarks and monumental edifices that make Dubrovnik an open-air museum. Quaint Franciscan monastery hides Europe’s oldest pharmacy; Rector’s Palace honors the mighty dukes of Dubrovnik and the baroque Church of St Blaise celebrates the town’s patron saint. And if you are a “Game of Thrones” fan, just let us know so we can add in some great tidbits about its filming of King’s Landing! No visit to Dubrovnik would be complete without a walk around the city walls, one of the best-preserved ramparts in the Mediterranean. An uninterrupted flow of walls, almost 2 km in length, with massive forts, towers, and bastions, was built to protect this freedom-loving city. Get a glance of the old town of Dubrovnik from a completely different angle and enjoy spectacular views of the shimmering Adriatic.
- A Day of Traditional Croatian Cooking. Just an hour’s south of Dubrovnik lies the charming Konavle region. Here there is a little gem of a place where cooking traditional Croatian meals is an everyday way of life. Your lovely host will introduce you to the local produce and other ingredients. All of these can be found in her garden and little farm for use in your lesson. The class will be quite hands-on. Then, when you are finished you will enjoy the “fruits of your labor” with a delicious meal created by you.
- Enjoy a bit of sea, sub, and exercise on our Kayaking Tour of Dubrovnik and Lokrum island. Explore Dubrovnik from the water and get a completely different perspective of the old city. Starting from the mainland, you will paddle to Lokrum Island where you can enjoy a swim and snorkel, explore the 15th-century Benedictine monastery, and hike along the car-less trails. You’ll wonderful hidden caves and beaches to explore. On the way back, you will pass by the imposing walls of Dubrovnik. Your guide will have plenty of good stories and folklore to share with you!
KORCULA – 2 NIGHTS
The next stop on your Dubrovnik & Beyond Itinerary is the lush island of Korçula. Here you will find the islands charming main town also called Korçula with one of the best-preserved medieval centers in the Adriatic. Beyonf there is nuermous old villages surrounded by forests, vineyards and olive groves. And of course endless beaches with crystal clear water.
- On your way from Dubrovnik to Korçula, there will be a wonderful stop on the Peljesac Peninsula for Oysters, Wine, and More. Discover Mali Ston Bay, famous for the original European delicacy of succulent oysters! Your host, a local farmer, will take you for a private oyster farm tour in the bay. Learn how the oysters are grown and taste them fresh from the sea! Enjoy a glass of wine or two as you drift around and watch the local fishermen apply their trade. Then, walk the small coastal town of Ston with your guide. Once an important military fort of the Dubrovnik Republic, it features impressive 5 km-long medieval walls and 4000-years old saltpans. In the village of Ponikve visit a small family-run winery. A charismatic owner, passionate about his wines, makes some of the best organic wines in Croatia in a traditional way. The winery grows only Plavac Mali grapes, the most famous Croatian indigenous variety, related to Zinfandel. Take an exciting tour around the vineyards, followed by a wine tasting of their best local wines. Continue on to Korçula with your private driver and boat from the peninsula.
- Truly experience the island on our Korcula Walk & Wine Tour with dinner. The tour will begin in the late afternoon in nearby Lumbarda where you can take a walk through the beautiful countryside and hear about local life on the island. The walk will take you to a couple of local wineries to taste the local delicacies from the region including Grk and Plavac Mali. At the first winery, you will enjoy traditional appetizers and feast on a delicious dinner at the second. To end an already wonderful evening, take a final stroll through the vineyards to the small port. From here, take a peaceful boat trip back to Korcula past the archipelago, sipping on sparkling wine as we go. Alternatively, we will head to the beach bar for a final drink.
DUBROVNIK – 1 NIGHT
You will head back to Dubrovnik for one last night but first, arrive there in style! We will arrange for a private boat to slowly take you back to Dubrovnik. Along the way, you can stop on the unspoiled island of Mijet, which is also a National Park. This is a great place to take a swim, do some snorkeling, and even a short hike to the beautiful St.Mary’s Benedictine Monastery or Polače Palace.
You will arrive in Dubrovnik in the late afternoon and stay at one of our preferred hotels of your choice. To finish off your say, we will make reservations for you at the Michelin starred restaurant 360 Dubrovnik (also one of our favorites in all of Croatia). The following day you will have a private transfer to the airport.
If you are not yet ready to go home, we can add several options to your Dubrovnik & Beyond tour. A few days on the up and coming and very beautiful Montenegro coast Coast? Or a visit to a few of the more than 1000 islands to explore in Croatia such as Hvar, Vis or Braç? Or even add in Split and Krka National Park? The choice is yours and we would be happy to design your trip as you wish!